Sunday 12 July 2009

The Rag Nymph


When Millie Forester's mother abandons her one late June afternoon in 1854, the girl bursts unexpectedly into Aggie Winkowski's life. Aggie, known locally as 'Raggie Aggie' for her long-established business of trading rags and old clothes, knows the dangers waiting for such a strikingly pretty girl left alone in this rough and vice-ridden quarter, and sees no other option but to take her in. But what begins as a compassionate solution soon leads to the development of a new, deepening relationship that is to mould Millie's destiny, and give new meaning to the lift of Aggie Winkowski. "The Rag Nymph" is a gripping historical novel, embracing the good and evil of the Victorian era.

I love this book fpr some reason every bit of this story sticks in my mind clear as a bell. It really affected me. I loved it ! The little orphan girl taken in by the rag woman.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find my blog?