Tuesday 21 July 2009

The Family Way


(15)

Hey There Hayley Girl... You're in a grown-up movie now

When newly-wed Arthur Fitton (Hywel Bennett) fails to consummate his marriage, his nervous bride, Jenny (Hayley Mills), thinks it's her fault. But the root of the problem lies with his bullying father, Ezra (John Mills), whose presence in the same Lancashire household has an inhibiting effect on his shy, sensitive son.

Features soundtrack composed by Paul McCartney.

The Family Way is a subtle and engaging movie which thoroughly charmed me. Although it is not a movie full of gags and punch lines, I still found myself laughing out loud on several occasions. I found the social background fascinating - old world meets new. A mixture of two-up two-downs with outside toilets and new housing estates. Package holidays abroad and honeymoons in old English resorts.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find my blog?